Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chester's Debut Blog

Hi, I'm Chester wombat. I live in Tasmania (that Island Under Down Under), where, since my mother was killed by a car in mid October, I am being raised by two humans . This is me when I arrived at my new home weighing in at 1500g. Since then I've been guzzling special formula milk and have put on a kilo. I generally feed morning and evening, and enjoy toying with some grass in between. Normally speaking by this age (approx 8 months) I would have been spending the day at my mother's heels, hopping back into the pouch at the hint of danger, or if I just wanted to sleep, feed or warm up. Instead, I spend alot of time following my human mums around the house, hopping into a man made pouch in a sling when I'm tired, and sleeping in a blanket box at night, where I have learned to use a litter tray. In a few weeks I shall be transferred gradually to a new enclosure outside, where I will live until I am about eighteen months old, at which point I will be released to the wild again. I will be able to return to this temporary home any time I want, and will probably drop in from time to time to visit my foster mums.

No comments:

Post a Comment